Go Back   Virginia Krawlers Forums > Tech Talk > Towing

Towing Anything realted to getting your rig to/from the trails. Tow rigs, trailers, etc.

Custom Search

Please assist Virginia Krawlers continue to grow by letting others know that this community of Virginia based wheelers is online. If you post on another off-road forum of any kind, please think about adding a link to VirginiaKrawlers.com in your signature block on those forums. This has proven to be the most effective way to let other off-road enthusiasts know how to find us.

WE HAVE TWO PLACES TO PICK UP VAK MERCHANDISE, CLICK HERE TO CHECK THEM OUT!

Old 08-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
1TN LSYJ
You're eating woodchips!

Send a message via AIM to 1TN LSYJ
Default Tow Rig tire suggestions

Need tire suggestions. Looking for something in the 33" range - 265/70/17, 175/70/17, 285/70/17, etc. In a load range E.

I had BFG AT's on my s10 back in the day and liked them - no noticeable road noise, good traction, etc. But I don't know how they'll last on a heavy truck.

I don't want something less agressive than an A/T - I would like A/T's, but if there is something that isn't labled as an A/T but still has a fairly agressive tread pattern I'd be good with that. And I definitely don't want M/T's.

Also, the longer they will last is top of the list, I want to get as many miles out of them as possible. - I would trade aggressiveness for treadwear.

Input?
1TN LSYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
Marinedawg
Weekend Warrior

I run the Goodyear Duratracs on my truck. Been the best tire I have had on it. More aggressive than a BFG AT, but not enough to be loud. I had the BFG ATs on my truck at one point and wore through them quick. Will never put another set on my truck. Will definitely put another set of Duratracs on it.

'07 Ram 2500 CTD with 2 bolt ons.

I shaved my balls for this?
Marinedawg is offline   Reply With Quote